Canadian Tire's Privacy Statement
· Canadian Tire is committed to protecting and caring for your personal information that we obtain through your customer relationship with us. This statement highlights how Canadian Tire Corporation, Limited and its family of companies collects, uses and discloses your personal information. Canadian Tire means Canadian Tire Corporation, Limited and its family of companies including Canadian Tire Financial Services Limited, Canadian Tire Bank, Canadian Tire Real Estate Limited, Mark’s, FGL Sports Ltd., Canadian Tire Petroleum and PartSource. Canadian Tire also includes any successors or subsidiaries of these companies.
· This statement applies to our customer personal information practices in our stores, on our websites, mobile applications and through other interactions with you.
Personal Information Collected
· Personal Information includes your name, address, age, income, date of birth, gender, financial information and credit records, as well as your opinions, preferences and purchase patterns.
· We obtain information directly from you from when you apply for or purchase a product or a service or enroll in the Canadian Tire loyalty reward program or other loyalty or preferred customer programs that may exist from time to time (each a Loyalty Program). We also obtain information through your other interactions with us, such as surveys, websites activities, call monitoring and contests.
· We may obtain information with your consent from third parties, such as your credit history which is obtained from credit bureaus.
· Your personal information is only used or disclosed for the purpose for which it was collected or as otherwise permitted or required by law, for example with credit bureaus, regulators and law enforcement agencies.
· We do not sell or rent personal information. We only transfer your personal information within Canadian Tire and to current or future Partners in the Loyalty Program or other loyalty or preferred customer programs .
· We use your personal information in order to process your application for a product, service or Loyalty Program and administer delivery of products, services and loyalty rewards. We also use your information to better understand your product and service needs and to offer relevant information, products, services and rewards to meet those needs. Your purchases and other transactions, shopping patterns, account activity and payment history is tracked and analyzed for marketing purposes and for making promotional offers to you. For a full list of why we collect your personal information, see our Privacy Charter and FAQ.
· We may transfer your Personal Information within Canadian Tire and to third party service providers who assist us in serving you, such as vendors, suppliers and agents; however, we require them to protect your information in a manner consistent with our Privacy Charter. Our service providers may be located outside of Canada and may be required to disclose personal information under the laws of their jurisdiction.
· You may access, update or correct your personal information that we have in our custody or control by submitting a written request to us.
· If you decide that you do not want your personal information used or shared for marketing products and services to you, you may opt out of receiving promotional offers and contests at any time by calling us toll-free at 1-866-846-5841.
How to Reach Us
· By calling our Customer Relationship Contact Centre at 1-866-846-5841
· By e-mail at email@example.com
· By mail at 3475 Superior Court, Oakville, ON L6L 0C6 – Re: Privacy Inquiries
If your questions, concerns and complaints have not been resolved to your satisfaction or if you have further questions, you can contact: Canadian Tire's Chief Privacy Officer by mail at Chief Privacy Officer c/o Canadian Tire Corporation, Limited, 2180 Yonge Street, P.O. Box 770, Station K, Toronto, ON M4P 2V8 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.