Identity Watch Elite Terms and Conditions
IDENTITY WATCH ELITE
SUBSCRIPTON TERMS AND CONDITIONS
The following terms and conditions of service (these “Terms and Conditions”) govern Your access to and use of the Identity Watch Elite program benefits (“Benefits”). If Your Identity Watch Elite subscription (“Subscription”) has been acquired through a financial institution, You may also be subject to the terms and conditions of Your applicable card holder agreement. It is Your responsibility to ensure You are aware of any third-party terms and conditions that apply to Your use of the Benefits.
“You”, “Subscriber” and “Your” refer to the individual who subscribed to Identity Watch Elite, as indicated on Your enrolment confirmation letter (“Welcome Letter”).
“Aimia”, “We” “Us” and “Our” refer to Aimia Proprietary Loyalty Canada Inc.
Identity Watch Elite Benefits are provided by Aimia unless otherwise indicated in these Terms and Conditions.
Your Subscription is effective as of the enrolment date indicated in Your Welcome Letter. You are eligible to receive Benefits as long as Your Subscription remains current. Eligibility for the Benefits also requires You to be a current Identity Watch Elite subscriber (“Subscriber”) at the time the applicable event occurs. Benefits are available to You, Your spouse and any dependent child(ren) up to age twenty-one (21) who are living at Your home or are still in school (“Your Family”).
Your Subscription fees, as indicated in Your Welcome Letter or as subsequently updated by Us on notice to You (“Fees”), will be charged in advance monthly to the payment account with which You registered for Identity Watch Elite.
To ensure uninterrupted service, Your Subscription will automatically renew until You cancel. Your credit card will be charged at the then current rate on the renewal date.
Cancellation by You: If You are not completely satisfied with Your Subscription You may cancel at any time by telephone or fax using the contact information indicated below and Your Subscription Fees will be stopped. If You cancel within thirty (30) days of Your enrolment date, Canadian Tire Bank will refund Your paid Subscription Fees in full. If You cancel after the initial thirty (30) days, cancellation will be effective as of the last day of the current billing cycle or thirty (30) days after the cancellation notification is received, whichever is earlier (“Effective Cancellation Date”). If You cancel You are responsible for any fees or charges incurred as a result of the services offered through an internet provider or any third party service provider.
Cancellation by Us: Your Subscription may be cancelled by Us if Your account is not in good standing or if the Fees are not paid, or if You or Your Family are found to be engaging in fraud or otherwise misusing the Benefits. We reserve the right to terminate Subscriptions for any reason on thirty (30) days prior written notice.
Information provided by You and Your Family
You further agree that We may verify Your identity using security questions. You declare and warrant that You (or Your Family, as applicable) are providing Us with accurate information and have all necessary rights to submit any information provided in the course of receiving the Benefits and that any submitted information or materials do not infringe the rights of third parties.
Your (or Your Family’s, as applicable) contact information, including email address is required in order to fulfill certain Benefits, including online servicing of the Benefits via the Identity Watch Elite website. You are responsible for ensuring that We have an accurate email address and contact information on file for You and Your Family. We expressly disclaim any and all responsibility and liability for Services, including online servicing if the required contact information, including email address on file is inaccurate.
You (or Your Family, as applicable) may be required to provide information in certain specified formats or methods in order to receive certain Benefits. You acknowledge and agree that We are not responsible for failure to provide Benefits or for data compromised as a result of Your failure to provide information using the requested formats or methods.
Fraud and Loss Protection Services
• Card Protection: You may register an unlimited number of cards belonging to You and Your Family issued by Canadian card issuers (each, a “Card,” collectively “Cards”) online or by calling the toll-free or collect number indicated in the contact information below. Debit Cards must be registered prior to the loss or theft being reported by You or the applicable member of Your Family to be eligible for this service. You and Your Family are eligible to use the Card Protection service to report the loss or theft of a credit Card(s) even if You have not registered the applicable Card(s) with Us beforehand. Card loss or theft may only be reported by the Card holder whose name appears on the applicable Card.
On receipt of a reported Card loss or theft by the Card holder and subject to the rules and/or regulations of the applicable Card issuer, We will notify the applicable Card issuer(s) of the loss or theft, ask the Card issuer(s) to cancel the Card(s) and request replacement Card(s) on the Card holder’s behalf wherever possible. If the Card issuer will not cancel and replace the Card at Our request, You or the member of Your Family reporting the loss or theft will receive a call-back within twenty-four (24) hours notifying You or the applicable member of Your Family that We are unable to complete the request and directing You or the applicable member of Your Family to contact the specific Card issuer directly. You are responsible for ensuring that We have accurate account and contact information on file in order to complete the lost/stolen Card reporting process and that We are able to reach You or the applicable member of Your Family after the loss or theft has been reported to Us. Our toll-free and collect numbers (indicated in the contact information below) are available twenty-four (24) hours daily for reporting the loss or theft of a Card(s).
• Credit Monitoring Service: This service is designed to help You and Your Family actively monitor Your and Your Family’s own credit bureau information for potential fraudulent activity. When You or a member of Your Family report a Card loss or theft, You or the applicable member of Your Family are eligible for six (6) months of credit monitoring, at no additional charge to You. On accepting this service, You or the applicable member of Your Family will be enrolled in this service and will receive (a) a full credit bureau report and score, with an update sent approximately three (3) months later; (b) daily monitoring of Your or Your Family’s file at the credit bureau including applicable alerts; and (c) unlimited access to a fraud specialist during the six (6) month credit monitoring period.
• Pre-Authorized Payment Change Service: On receiving notice of theft or loss of Your or Your Family’s Card(s), We will notify designated recipients of pre-authorized payments for charitable donations and magazine/newspaper subscriptions that the applicable pre-authorized payment(s) should be transferred to a replacement Card. For any pre-authorized payment services or any liaising We perform on Your or Your Family’s behalf with third parties, You are responsible for ensuring that We have accurate account and contact information (including notice of all applicable Pre-Authorized Payees) on file for You and Your Family. We are not responsible for errors in processing by the applicable service provider, and expressly disclaim any and all responsibility for providing services where accurate account and contact information has not been provided.
• Mobile Phone Registration: From the time Your or Your Family’s mobile phone loss is reported to Us by phone, You or the applicable member of Your Family are covered against any subsequent fraudulent charge(s) applicable to the associated theft or loss until the matter is resolved, provided that the following conditions are met: (a) Your Subscription must be in effect continuously from the time such mobile phone is lost or stolen until and including the time the loss or theft is reported to Us, (b) The mobile phone owner must have taken reasonable precautions not to disclose his/her lock code to any other person, and have kept the lock code strictly confidential and separate from the applicable mobile phone, (c) the fraudulent charges must be incurred on the mobile phone that You had registered with Identity Watch Elite prior to reporting the loss or theft, (d) Your or Your Family’s mobile phone service must be provided by a Canadian carrier, and (e) Your or Your Family’s carrier must suspend Your or Your Family’s mobile phone service at Our request. Subject to the rules and/or regulations of Your or Your Family’s mobile carrier, We will notify Your or Your Family’s mobile phone carrier of the loss or theft, and will request service to be suspended wherever possible. If the carrier will not suspend service, You or the member of Your Family reporting the loss or theft will receive a call-back within twenty-four (24) hours notifying You or the applicable member of Your Family that We are unable to complete the request and directing You or the applicable member of Your Family to contact the specific carrier directly. You are responsible for ensuring that We have accurate account and contact information on file in order to suspend service and that We are able to reach You or the applicable member of Your Family after the loss or theft has been reported to Us.
• Important Document Registry: At Your request, We will maintain a secure document file that includes important document numbers registered by You which You may access online or by calling the toll-free or collect number indicated in the contact information below. There is no maximum number of document numbers that You may record in this file.
• Credit Card Theft Reward Service: We will pay a three thousand dollar ($3,000) reward for information leading to the arrest and conviction of anyone fraudulently using Your credit or registered debit Card(s). You, Your Family and law enforcement personnel are not eligible to receive a reward. Those eligible to receive the reward must contact Us to complete and return a Reward Claim Form.
Travel & Protection Services
• Identity Fraud Protection/Online Monitoring Service: This service, currently called “Internet Personal Information Patrol®” or “iPiP®”, but subject to change at any time (“Online Monitoring Service”) is an online data monitoring tool available to You that routinely scours the Internet’s public search engines, news groups and blogs and notifies You via the email address We have on file of any activity matching the information You have registered online. Use of the Online Monitoring Service and any information received through the Online Monitoring Service are entirely at Your own risk. There may be inaccuracies in content or delays in identification of reportable incidents and/or delivery of notification. You are responsible for reviewing the content provided, and assessing whether to take action. You are also responsible for payment of fees or charges levied by any third-party (including Your Internet provider) to allow You to view the content.
• Emergency Cash Transfer & Emergency Airline Tickets: To be eligible to receive up to one thousand dollars ($1,000) in emergency funds and/or emergency airline tickets, You or Your Family must be stranded at least 160 km away from home and have reported a Card loss or theft to Us within twenty-four (24) hours of Your or Your Family’s request for emergency assistance. The provided emergency funds and/or airline tickets will be charged to the payment account to which Your Identity Watch Elite Subscription is charged, or to another payment account designated at the time of request, provided the amount does not exceed the available credit limit on the applicable payment account, and such payment account and Your Subscription are in good standing. You will be responsible for paying all amounts charged to the payment account designated by You or a member of Your Family.
Subject to the eligibility provisions above, if You or a member of Your Family reports a Card lost or stolen, We will provide You or the applicable member of Your Family with a prepaid airline ticket to the airport nearest to Your or Your Family’s home city within twenty-four (24) hours of the request. You or the applicable member of Your Family can obtain this airline ticket from the airport nearest to You or the applicable member of Your Family.
• Rebound® Asset Return Service: This service is designed to help facilitate the return of Your or Your Family’s lost items bearing a Rebound® sticker (“Sticker”). On subscribing, You will receive four (4) adhesive Stickers with a unique ID# that You or Your Family may affix to the item(s) You or Your Family would like to protect. If an item bearing a Sticker is lost, its finder is directed to contact Us using the toll-free number displayed on the Sticker, and We will arrange for the item to be picked up and returned to You and for payment of a fifty dollar ($50.00) reward to the finder. You may request additional Stickers at any time. You and Your Family are not eligible to receive a reward.
• Emergency Message Relay: In an emergency, upon receipt of a request by You or a member of Your Family, We will immediately attempt to contact up to three (3) people located in Canada on Your or Your Family’s behalf.
Personal Convenience Services
• Travel Voice Mail Service: You may establish a confidential, personal voice mail box for a maximum period of thirty (30) days per Subscription year with a maximum storage capacity of thirty (30) minutes. Limitations upon the availability of this service may vary at Our discretion. Travel Voicemail minutes exceeding the minutes included in Your Subscription will be charged to the payment account to which Your Subscription is charged at a rate of $0.25 per minute.
• Pre-Trip Travel Information: This service is designed to provide information relevant to Your intended travel destination. Information provided by Us will vary and is subject to Your intended destination. To use this service you can call the toll-free or collect number indicated in the contact information below.
• Date Reminder Service: On Your instructions, We will remind You of up to twelve (12) dates per calendar year, sent to You by email or mail one (1) month prior to the applicable date specified by You, provided You register the date(s) with Us at least thirty-one (31) days in advance of the date We are scheduled to send the applicable reminder. The dates You would like to be reminded of can be provided to Us online or by calling the toll-free or collect number indicated in the contact information below.
• Passport Expiry Reminder Service: Subject to You registering Your passport’s expiration date, We will notify You approximately six (6) months in advance of its expiry. If you have a Canadian Passport, at Your request, We will provide You with the necessary forms to renew Your Canadian passport.
• Change of Address Service: On receipt of notice of Your change of address, We will advise all Your registered Card issuers, registered major magazines and up to three (3) friends or relatives as identified by You on Your registration of Your change of Address. The registration form can be completed online or by calling the toll-free or collect number indicated in the contact information below.
• Sale Price Guarantee: This benefit allows You to be reimbursed for the difference between what You paid for an item and its lower advertised price, inclusive of taxes. The purchased item must have been advertised in print at a lower price within ninety (90) days of the original purchase date, and must have been charged to the payment account to which Your Subscription is charged. You are eligible to receive up to two hundred dollars ($200.00) for any one event, up to a maximum of four hundred dollars ($400.00) per Subscription year. You must submit Your request for reimbursement, along with Your original receipt and the print advertisement of the purchased item, within thirty (30) days of the sale price being advertised.
• Computer Tune-Up Reimbursement: You are eligible to be reimbursed up to seventy-five dollars ($75.00), inclusive of taxes, per Subscription year towards the cost of tuning up Your computer. You must submit Your request for reimbursement, along with Your original receipt, within thirty (30) days of the computer tune-up being performed. The computer tune-up reimbursement form can be found online or by calling the toll-free or collect number indicated in the contact information below.
In no event shall Our liability exceed the reimbursement amounts stated above.
All dollar amounts provided in these Terms and Conditions and Welcome Package or on the Identity Watch Elite website are in Canadian dollars.
We reserve the right to modify these Terms and Conditions from time to time in accordance with applicable laws. We also reserve the right to modify the Benefits included in Your Subscription as well as associated pricing. We reserve the right to subcontract any of the Benefits and services included in Your Subscription to a third party service provider. These Terms and Conditions (as may be amended from time to time) and the supporting documentation contained in Your Welcome Package constitute Our entire agreement with You. If there is any inconsistency between the supporting documentation and these Terms and Conditions, these Terms and Conditions will prevail.
All services provided as part of Your Benefits (“Services”) are offered “AS-IS”. We make no warranties or representations, either express or implied, and expressly disclaim any and all liability (including damages), in relation to the provision of the Services. In addition, We do not represent or warrant that applicable call centres, websites or online resources will be available and meet Your requirements, that access will be uninterrupted, that there will be no delays, difficulties in use, defects, incompatibility, failures, errors, omissions or loss of transmitted information, that no viruses or other destructive code will be transmitted or that no damage will occur to Your computer system. You have sole responsibility for Your data and/or equipment protection and backup and for taking reasonable and appropriate precautions.
Upon cancellation of Your Subscription for any reason, the information that You or Your Family have provided to receive any of the Benefits will no longer be accessible by You or Your Family after two (2) business days following the Effective Cancellation Date or as otherwise expressly provided in these Terms and Conditions.
The Identity Watch Elite website includes links to and from websites operated by third parties, both inside and outside of Canada. Links to or from websites are for convenience only. We do not review or control, and are not responsible for, the content or policies of any linked websites.
You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your password to the Identity Watch Elite website. We will not be responsible for the unauthorized access, or disclosure of information, by or to, any person who has accessed the information of You or Your Family through the website as the result of a failure by You or Your Family to maintain the confidentiality of your password to the Identity Watch Elite website.
You agree to indemnify, save, defend and hold harmless Aimia, Canadian Tire Bank, their parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, successors or assigns, and their directors, officers, employees, agents, representatives and third-party service providers from and against any and all claims, costs, expenses, demands, damages, lawsuits, fines, penalties and liabilities, including, without limitation, interest, penalties, court costs, and lawyers’ fees to the extent resulting or arising from Your or Your Family’s fraudulent conduct or misuse of the Benefits, or any other breach of these Terms and Conditions by You.
To the extent permitted by applicable law, unless We agree otherwise, any claim, dispute or controversy, whether in contract or tort, pursuant to statute or regulation, or otherwise, and whether pre-existing, present or future, arising out of or relating to these Terms and Conditions, the Services, statements, promotions or advertisements relating to the Services or these Terms and Conditions will be determined by final and binding arbitration to the exclusion of the courts.
Headings are for convenience only and shall have no effect on the construction or interpretation of these Terms and Conditions.
These Terms and Conditions are governed by the laws of Your Province or Territory of residence and Canada.
These Terms and Conditions are available in English and French language versions. In case of any inconsistency between the English and French-language versions, the English-language version will prevail.
By paying Your Fees, You are deemed to have read and accepted these Terms and Conditions as of the enrolment date indicated on Your Welcome Letter.
How to contact Us:
PO Box 1700, Postal Station D
Toronto, Ontario M9A 5C7
Toll-Free Telephone Number (Canada & USA): 1 800 263 1020
Collect Telephone Number (International Calls): 1 905 735 1628
Monday to Friday 9am to 9pm EST
Saturday 10 am to 6pm
Available 24 hours daily for Reporting Lost/Stolen Card(s) and Mobile Phone(s)
For online Services visit www.identitywatchelite.ca
The Identity Watch EliteTM program is sponsored by Canadian Tire Bank and provided by Aimia Proprietary Loyalty Canada Inc.
Internet Personal Information Patrol®, iPiP®, and Rebound® are registered trademarks of Aimia Proprietary Loyalty Canada Inc.
®/TM Unless otherwise noted, all trademarks are owned by Canadian Tire Corporation, Limited and are used under license.