Terms and Conditions for Identity Watch Classic™
The following terms and conditions of service (these “Terms and Conditions”) govern Your access to and use of the Identity Watch Classic program benefits (“Benefits”). If Your Identity Watch Classic subscription (“Subscription”) has been acquired through a financial institution, You may also be subject to the terms and conditions of Your applicable card holder agreement. It is Your responsibility to ensure You are aware of any third-party terms and conditions that apply to Your use of the Benefits.
“You”, “Subscriber” and “Your” refer to the individual who subscribed to Identity Watch Classic, as indicated on Your enrolment confirmation letter (“Welcome Letter”).
“Aimia”, “We” “Us” and “Our” refer to Aimia Proprietary Loyalty Canada Inc.
Identity Watch Classic Benefits are provided by Aimia unless otherwise indicated in these Terms and Conditions.
Your Subscription is effective as of the enrolment date indicated in Your Welcome Letter. You are eligible to receive Benefits as of the enrollment date indicated on Your Welcome Letter as long as Your Subscription remains current. Eligibility for the Benefits also requires You to be a current Identity Watch Classic subscriber (“Subscriber”) at the time the applicable event occurs. Benefits are available to You, Your spouse and any dependent child(ren) up to age twenty-one (21) who are living at Your home or are still in school (“Your Family”).
Your Subscription fees, as indicated in Your Welcome Letter or as subsequently updated by Us on notice to You (“Fees”), will commence after the first transaction is made on your Canadian Tire branded credit card. Thereafter, Fees will be charged in advance monthly to your Canadian Tire branded credit card.
To ensure uninterrupted service, Your Subscription will automatically renew until You cancel. Your credit card will be charged at the then current rate on the renewal date.
Cancellation by You: If You are not completely satisfied with Your Subscription You may cancel at any time by telephone or fax using the contact information indicated below and Your Fees, which commence after the first transaction is made on your Canadian Tire branded credit card, will be stopped. If You cancel within thirty (30) days of Your enrolment date, Canadian Tire Bank will refund in full any Fees You have paid after the first transaction is made on Your Canadian Tire branded credit card. If You cancel after the initial thirty (30) days, cancellation will be effective as of the last day of the current billing cycle or thirty (30) days after the cancellation notification is received, whichever is earlier (“Effective Cancellation Date”). If You cancel You are responsible for any fees or charges incurred as a result of the services offered through an internet provider or any third party service.
Cancellation by Us: Your Subscription may be cancelled by Us if Your account is not in good standing or if the Fees, which commence after the first transaction is made on Your Canadian Tire branded credit card, are not paid, or if You or Your Family are found to be engaging in fraud or otherwise misusing the Benefits. We reserve the right to terminate Subscriptions for any reason on thirty (30) days prior written notice.
Information provided by you and Your Family
You further agree that We may verify Your identity using security questions. You declare and warrant that You (or Your Family, as applicable) are providing Us with accurate information and have all necessary rights to submit any information provided in the course of receiving the Benefits and that any submitted information or materials do not infringe the rights of third parties.
Your (or Your Family’s, as applicable) contact information, including email address is required in order to fulfill certain Benefits, including online servicing of the Benefits via the Identity Watch Classic website. You are responsible for ensuring that We have an accurate email address and contact information on file for You and Your Family. We expressly disclaim any and all responsibility and liability for Services, including online servicing if the required contact information, including email address on file is inaccurate.
You (or Your Family, as applicable) may be required to provide information in certain specified formats or methods in order to receive certain Benefits. You acknowledge and agree that We are not responsible for failure to provide Benefits or for data compromised as a result of Your failure to provide information using the requested formats or methods.
- Card Protection: You may register an unlimited number of cards belonging to You and Your Family issued by Canadian card issuers (each, a “Card,” collectively “Cards”) online or by calling the toll-free or collect number indicated in the contact information below. Debit Cards must be registered prior to the loss or theft being reported by You or the applicable member of Your Family to be eligible for this service. You and Your Family are eligible to use the Card Protection service to report the loss or theft of a credit Card(s) even if You have not registered the applicable Card(s) with Us beforehand. Card loss or theft may only be reported by the Card holder whose name appears on the applicable Card.
On receipt of a reported Card loss or theft by the Card holder and subject to the rules and/or regulations of the applicable Card issuer, We will notify the applicable Card issuer(s) of the loss or theft, ask the Card issuer(s) to cancel the Card(s) and request replacement Card(s) on the Card holder’s behalf wherever possible. If the Card issuer will not cancel and replace the Card at Our request, You or the member of Your Family reporting the loss or theft will receive a call-back within twenty-four (24) hours notifying You or the applicable member of Your Family that We are unable to complete the request and directing You or the applicable member of Your Family to contact the specific Card issuer directly. You are responsible for ensuring that We have accurate account and contact information on file in order to complete the lost/stolen Card reporting process and that We are able to reach You or the applicable member of Your Family after the loss or theft has been reported to Us. Our toll-free and collect numbers (indicated in the contact information below) are available twenty-four (24) hours daily for reporting the loss or theft of a Card(s).
- Credit Card Theft Reward Service: We will pay a three thousand dollar ($3,000) reward for information leading to the arrest and conviction of anyone fraudulently using Your credit or registered debit Card(s). You, Your Family and law enforcement personnel are not eligible to receive a reward. Those eligible to receive the reward must contact Us to complete and return a Reward Claim Form.
- Identity Fraud Protection/Online Monitoring Service: This service, currently called “Internet Personal Information Patrol®” or “iPiP®”, but subject to change at any time (“Online Monitoring Service”) is an online data monitoring tool available to You that routinely scours the Internet’s public search engines, news groups and blogs and notifies You via the email address We have on file of any activity matching the information You have registered online. Use of the Online Monitoring Service and any information received through the Online Monitoring Service are entirely at Your own risk. There may be inaccuracies in content or delays in identification of reportable incidents and/or delivery of notification. You are responsible for reviewing the content provided, and assessing whether to take action. You are also responsible for payment of fees or charges levied by any third-party (including Your Internet provider) to allow You to view the content.
- Rebound® Asset Return Service: This service is designed to help facilitate the return of Your or Your Family’s lost items bearing a Rebound® sticker (“Sticker”). On subscribing, You will receive four (4) adhesive Stickers with a unique ID# that You or Your Family may affix to the item(s) You or Your Family would like to protect. If an item bearing a Sticker is lost, its finder is directed to contact Us using the toll-free number displayed on the Sticker, and We will arrange for the item to be picked up and returned to You and for payment of a fifty dollar ($50.00) reward to the finder. You may request additional Stickers at any time. You and Your Family are not eligible to receive a reward.
- Computer Tune-Up Reimbursement: You are eligible to be reimbursed up to seventy-five dollars ($75.00), inclusive of taxes, per Subscription year towards the cost of tuning up Your computer. You must submit Your request for reimbursement, along with Your original receipt, within thirty (30) days of the computer tune-up being performed. The computer tune-up reimbursement form can be found online or by calling the toll-free or collect number indicated in the contact information below.
In no event shall Our liability exceed the reimbursement amounts stated above.
All dollar amounts provided in these Terms and Conditions and Welcome Package or on the Identity Watch Classic website are in Canadian dollars.
We reserve the right to modify these Terms and Conditions from time to time in accordance with applicable laws. We also reserve the right to modify the Benefits included in Your Subscription as well as associated pricing. We reserve the right to subcontract any of the Benefits and services included in Your Subscription to a third party service provider. These Terms and Conditions (as may be amended from time to time) and the supporting documentation contained in Your Welcome Package constitute Our entire agreement with You. If there is any inconsistency between the supporting documentation and these Terms and Conditions, these Terms and Conditions will prevail.
All services provided as part of Your Benefits (“Services”) are offered “AS-IS”. We make no warranties or representations, either express or implied, and expressly disclaim any and all liability (including damages), in relation to the provision of the Services. In addition, We do not represent or warrant that applicable call centres, websites or online resources will be available and meet Your requirements, that access will be uninterrupted, that there will be no delays, difficulties in use, defects, incompatibility, failures, errors, omissions or loss of transmitted information, that no viruses or other destructive code will be transmitted or that no damage will occur to Your computer system. You have sole responsibility for Your data and/or equipment protection and backup and for taking reasonable and appropriate precautions.
Upon cancellation of Your Subscription for any reason, the information that You or Your Family have provided to receive any of the Benefits will no longer be accessible by You or Your Family after two (2) business days following the Effective Cancellation Date or as otherwise expressly provided in these Terms and Conditions.
The Identity Watch Classic website includes links to and from websites operated by third parties, both inside and outside of Canada. Links to or from websites are for convenience only. We do not review or control, and are not responsible for, the content or policies of any linked websites.
You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your password to the Identity Watch Classic website. We will not be responsible for the unauthorized access, or disclosure of information, by or to, any person who has accessed the information of You or Your Family through the website as the result of a failure by You or Your Family to maintain the confidentiality of your password to the Identity Watch Classic website.
You agree to indemnify, save, defend and hold harmless Aimia, Canadian Tire Bank, their parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, successors or assigns, and their directors, officers, employees, agents, representatives and third-party service providers from and against any and all claims, costs, expenses, demands, damages, lawsuits, fines, penalties and liabilities, including, without limitation, interest, penalties, court costs, and lawyers’ fees to the extent resulting or arising from Your or Your Family’s fraudulent conduct or misuse of the Benefits, or any other breach of these Terms and Conditions by You.
To the extent permitted by applicable law, unless We agree otherwise, any claim, dispute or controversy, whether in contract or tort, pursuant to statute or regulation, or otherwise, and whether pre-existing, present or future, arising out of or relating to these Terms and Conditions, the Services, statements, promotions or advertisements relating to the Services or these Terms and Conditions will be determined by final and binding arbitration to the exclusion of the courts.
Headings are for convenience only and shall have no effect on the construction or interpretation of these Terms and Conditions.
These Terms and Conditions are governed by the laws of Your Province or Territory of residence and Canada.
These Terms and Conditions are available in English and French language versions. In case of any inconsistency between the English and French-language versions, the English-language version will prevail.
By paying Your Fees, You are deemed to have read and accepted these Terms and Conditions as of the enrolment date indicated on Your Welcome Letter.
How to contact Us:
Identity Watch Classic
PO Box 1700, Postal Station D
Toronto, Ontario M9A 5C7
Toll-Free Telephone Number (Canada & USA): 1-800-263-1020
Collect Telephone Number (International Calls): 1-905-735-1628
Monday to Friday 9am to 9pm EST
Saturday 10 am to 6pm EST
Available 24 hours daily for Reporting Lost/Stolen Card(s) and Mobile Phone(s)
The Identity Watch ClassicTM program is sponsored by Canadian Tire Bank and provided by Aimia Proprietary Loyalty Canada Inc.
Internet Personal Information Patrol®, iPiP®, and Rebound® are registered trademarks of Aimia Proprietary Loyalty Canada Inc.